Sunday, December 9, 2012

3 Poems


I couldn't decide on which poem I liked the most. 
So I'm writing 3, from Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein.


Shadow Wash
I’ve never washed my shadow out
In all the time I’ve had it.
It was absolutely filthy I supposed,
And so today I peeled it off
The wall where it was leaning
And stuck it in the washtub
With the clothes.
I put in the soap and bleach and stuff,
I let it soak for hours,
I wrung it out an hung it out to dry,
And whoever would have thunk
That is would have gone and shrunk
For now it’s so much
Littler than I.

I really like this poem. This poem is telling me to put away my past...to wash it out of my mind and memory, it doesn't matter anymore. My present and future are so much greater and brighter than my past. 

Tree House
A tree house, a free house,
A secret you and me house,
A high up in the leafy branches
Cozy as can be house.

A street house, a neat house,
Be sure to wipe your feet house
Is not my kind of house at all-
Let’s go live in a tree house.

I just think this is cute. "A secret you and me house"... yes.

No Difference
Small as a peanut,
Big as a giant,
We’re all the same size
When we turn off the light.

Rich as a sultan,
Poor as a mite,
We’re all worth the same
When we turn off the light.

Red, black or orange,
Yellow or white,
We all look the same
When we turn off the light.

So maybe the way
To make everything right
Is for God to just reach out
And turn off the light!

I don't know if it's because today is Sunday and I went to church today, but God really did create all of us, we're all different, but He created us equally. 


No comments:

Post a Comment