Sunday, December 9, 2012

More and more poems..


I'm kidding. I couldn't pick just 3, sooo I'm writing 3 more poems, from the same book.

Listen To the Mustn’ts
Listen to the MUSTN’TS, child,
Listen to the DON’TS,
Listen to the SHOULDN’TS
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WON’TS
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen to me-
Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be.

This starts out giving the child all these negative thoughts. But in the end, the child is filled with hope. I love this.

Hug O’ War
I will not play at tug o’ war.
I’d rather play at hug ‘ war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.

hehehe I love hugs.

The Search
I went to find the pot of gold
That’s waiting where the rainbow ends.
I searched and searched and searched and searched
And searched and searched, and then-
There it was, deep in the grass,
Under an old and twisty bough.
It’s mine, it’s mine, it’s mine at last. . . .
What do I search for now?

This poem to me is about growing up. When you're little, you are fascinated by things things that are only temporary. When it's over, you just don't know what to do anymore. Well I don't know, that's just how I've personally felt...



No comments:

Post a Comment